banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Seymour Duncan Co. successful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is the Seymour Duncan Co. successful?

seymour rocks!!!

Comment

What a lucky lil punk .. he has 2 hotchicks workin for him?... hehehe
      Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
      Roland Cube 60
      Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
      BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
      LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
      Mogami Cables
      Mooer Candy Toppers
      Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
      Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Sponsoring this forum is a nice touch also.

Comment

definitely the MOJO!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503
            What a lucky lil punk .. he has 2 hotchicks workin for him?... hehehe
            You mean you don't?

Comment

Sure it's the people who run the company, starting with Seymour and Cathy and going on down. We're a company of musicians run by a musician himself.

Sure it's the product. If you knew some of the boderline-bizarre things we do to make our products better than the rest, you'd be amazed. (And if you're one of the Seymour Duncan accountants, please ignore this paragraph -- it doesn't concern you...).

Sure it's the customer service. The staff who plays guitar. 21 Day. Free tech support. This forum, etc.

But in the end...? It's you. Seriously. You're the reason we're in the position we're in. It takes a lot of hard work on our part; but face it: if you weren't a group of guitar and bass players who knew tone and could understand and appreciate the fact that "even though your guitar came with some perfectly decent stock pickups, they might not be the right pickups for you," we'd still be winding 20 pickups a day out of Seymour's garage for our own personal use and a few artist friends.

You're the reason.

So thank you.

And you all get to take the day off. Just print this out and give it to your boss.

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                Sure it's the people who run the company, starting with Seymour and Cathy and going on down. We're a company of musicians run by a musician himself.

Sure it's the product. If you knew some of the boderline-bizarre things we do to make our products better than the rest, you'd be amazed. (And if you're one of the Seymour Duncan accountants, please ignore this paragraph -- it doesn't concern you...).

Sure it's the customer service. The staff who plays guitar. 21 Day. Free tech support. This forum, etc.

But in the end...? It's you. Seriously. You're the reason we're in the position we're in. It takes a lot of hard work on our part; but face it: if you weren't a group of guitar and bass players who knew tone and could understand and appreciate the fact that "even though your guitar came with some perfectly decent pickups, they might not be the right pickups for you," we'd still be winding 20 pickups a day out of Seymour's garage for our own personal use and a few artist friends.

You're the reason.

So thank you.

And you all get to take the day off. Just print this out and give it to your boss.

Thanks Evan. That was really nice. I agree. It's all those factors, especially the fact that you guys listen to us and are dedicated to great tone. ( I'm going to take a week off instead. Ok?).

Jeff
                "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I feel that seymour has a ear and mostly TALENT!
                  he grew up with beck,clapton,page,hendrix,etc and not only does he have the gift of playing but he has the talent of knowing greatTONE!

I really feel that his product is SIMPLY the BEST!

Comment

I agree with everything that's been said, but one thing has been overlooked.

I think Duncan rose above the other aftermarket pickup companies by making sure their pickups looked stock....at least at first. By offering guitar players the chance to upgrade their classic guitars without defacing them in any way, it was better than trying to have a signature look. Eventually, the demand for everything under the sun came about, and he filled that request too. I guess it's all about giving the customer what he/she wants.....the key to any successful business.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                    X