banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to try to guess what pickups I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to try to guess what pickups I have?

I wish this were a quiz, because I really am a **** like that sometimes.

Okay, here we go...

I have two pickups that came out of a Jackson JR-20 Pro Rhoads almost five years ago. This is a list of everything I know about them and the guitar itself:

- Alder body guitar, ebony fretboard
    - Produced and purchased in 1999 as an exclusive item for Musician's Friend
    - Musician's Friend labeled these pickups as Duncan TB-4 and SH-2 pickups. According to this site, that would make them a JB and a '59, but I have doubts about these.
    - No marking on the tops of the pickups (no 'Seymour Duncan, Duncan Designed, etc)
    - Back stickers say M213 and M214.
    - M213 = bridge pickup, M214=neck pickup. I compared length of wires between the two and the M213 is shorter.

pics enclosed (bridge on bottom, neck on top):

Any guesses?

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Re: Anyone want to try to guess what pickups I have?

Those aint duncans. Look like Ibanez Powersounds to me.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

they sure aren't a Jazz/JB set (SH-2 is Jazz, not '59)... they've not even got a screw coil... all slugs!! I don't know what they actually are, but I'd say you got hosed.

Comment

Definately not like the Duncans I've seen, but hey, try them out. You never know, they might actually sound good.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Kent Armstrong has pickups that are labeled as M213 and M214, but they have screw coils. I did find on his website though the "HUMBUCKER DISTORTION" pickup that looks like that... I don't know if it just got mislabeled or what... but that might be the answer.

Comment

Damn Musician's Friend for pawning these off as Duncans...it's no biggie. They were taken out for better ones years ago anyway.

If I get bored enough, I'll throw these in my Dime333 and see what happens. The butthole who wired that guitar last did a piss poor job, so it needs to be redone anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939
              they sure aren't a Jazz/JB set (SH-2 is Jazz, not '59)... they've not even got a screw coil... all slugs!! I don't know what they actually are, but I'd say you got hosed.
              doh!! I even got the general assumption wrong, even though I doubted it was what it was to begin with. Did that even make sense??

Comment

Working...
              X