banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

59 neck + Custom 5 Bridge... Les Paul?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 neck + Custom 5 Bridge... Les Paul?????

guys... what abt a 59 neck and a custom 5 bridge in a epiphone les paul?!...
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: 59 neck + Custom 5 Bridge... Les Paul?????

What kind of amp do you have? What sound are you chasing?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

i got a vintage marshall... JTM30... its an old marshall made in england a while back.. its an all valve.. which can give a nice crunch.. umm iguess im going for the rock sound... mainly rock but i want a bit of versatility with blues.... punk... anything i guess.. but mainly rock
      Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
      Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Comment

C5 will do it for you, if you want more aggressive mids, go with a Custom. The 59n is nice in a Paul, but I didn't like the low end response. I like the PGn a lot more in my Lester.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have the same setup in my Schecter- I'm way happy with the combo. It handles it all from death metal to blues. You won't be disappointed!
          Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
          ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
          ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
          ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
          ESP KH-1
          LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
          BC Rich KKV
          Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
          Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment

The 59n is a tried and true neck pickup and I have used it in many of my guitars and it has always sounded great.

My #1 guitar is a LP Std with a PGn in the neck spot and it's by far my favorite neck pickup, at least in a LP with the possible exception of the Antiquity neck.

The C-5 is definately worth considering for that guitar and I have a C-5 in the above mentioned LP as well. The C-5 sounds exceptional clean and has enough output to drive the front end of a tube amp without getting overly agressive for the type of music you mentioned. With a pedal or a more modern high gain amp the C-5 is perfect unless you are looking for a completely saturated and compressed tone.

The C-5/PGn is easily my favorite in a LP.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

The C-5 is my favorite Duncan Bridge pickup. I have it in 5 guitars, 3 Pauls, a McCarty, and a strat. I need to try the PG neck, since a lot of Paul players seem to like it, but I usually use 59 necks, and in one Paul I have a Seth neck, which is a tad darker than the 59. I'd suggest ordering your set in nickel, to keep the stock look of your guitar. Either way, you can't go wrong with a Custom 5 in an Epi Paul.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I found the C-5 nice in my LP and may try it again. I initially took it out because I missed the midrange I like in a pickup and it didn't sound very aggressive compared to my preferred Rio BBQ pickup, nor the Custom. The Custom is very thick but sounds a little hard at times. Great pup though.

I am actually back to the Burstbuckers in my Paul which continue to amaze me with their combination of smooth low output tone while still having a good amount of aggression. The bridge BB Pro actually sounds more aggressive than the C-5.

Comment

Working...
                X