Triple bucker recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple bucker recs

Is there anyone who has a recommendation for a three humbucker Paul? For those of you who look at the screen name and suggest "Three DiMarzio Super Distortions" - Ha Ha (Not that Frehley actually used more than bridge anyway)! I'm interested in something a bit more flexible...for example, is there a good bridge pickup that a high output middle would kick up a notch? Or maybe add a serious mid-cut? Let me what pup, what position (B/M/N), and what would be - is cool about it.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Triple bucker recs

Vintage neck , SD or DDn mid, and DMZ SD, FS, or Custom bridge
    Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

i think a jazz in the neck, jb in the middle and distortion bridge would be a killer setup.
      great cleans from the neck, big thick cleans from the middle
      singing overdrive from the neck with the middle having a brighter hotter tone with a nice mid peak and the bridge being nice and crunchy and hot

Comment

What type of switching?
        Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

I have a 3 pickup Black Beauty Custom, which comes wired
          T = Bridge
          M = B + M in parallel (nice Les Paul notch position sound for cleans!)
          R = Neck only.

B Custom 5, M 59N, N 59N all in goldcovered. GREAT COMBO for all styles of music.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Standard three way (N/N-B/B) and swith one tone control for a volume only on the middle pup. The last tone goes to a master tone.

Comment

That's a great rec - middle in parallel! I could even work the neck and mid in parellel; Possibly some very cool blues styling there.

Comment

I used tweo high-output HB in neck and bridge (SH-8n - SH-6b) with a low output HB (AII pro, or for example Jazz, 59...)
                Pickups... the final frontier.
                These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
                Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

If you use the LP switch to switch between the neck and another switch connected to the bridge and mid you'd keep the functionality of the LP switch and have a lot of versatility.

With a push-pull you could either have mid or bridge, or both in parallel or one.

With a toggle, both series, both parallel, and one or one or the other and both series.

With a rotary...ask.

Anyhow, the LP sw toggles between these mid/bridge settings and the neck or gives you parallel with them.

I've got 2 guitars I hope to cut the extra holes in one day (2 P 90s and a mini are going in one of them) so I'm psyching up for how I want the switching.

I like Jeremy's pickup suggestion a lot too....
                  Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

if u want some serious mid reduction and high output
                    check out the dimarzio steves special!!
                    Guitars:
                    Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
                    Amps:
                    Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

A trio of Phat Cats would give you a different spin on the 3 pickup LP while still having enough output to rock.
                      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X