Help Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Soon!

I would suggest getting someone to do the installation for you.

Comment

tHE PICKUP NEEDS 2 CONNECTIONS RIGHT? A positive and negative right? So why only solder one?

Comment

Hmmm., now i described how to wire a ibanez Pickup nevermind this. It must be wired as in my first description. I don't have experience with duncan designed humbuckers, do they have 4 conducters & ground, and the same color codes?
        Then red and wire go together at the place of the red wire of ibanez, but are not necessary to sold them on the switch. black goes to hot, where the white wire of the ibanez went, the green and bare wire where the bare wire of the ibanez went.
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevemind
          Where Do I Solder The Red And White Wire To?!?!? So I Am Only Soldering One Wire (the Black To The Switch And That Is It?!?!?)
          You have to solder the red and white together before you insulate them in either shrink tubing or electrical tape. You must ground the thicker black wire to the back of a pot and then the thinner black wire gets soldered to the switch. If that doesn't make sense though, take it to a repair shop or something and have them do it.

Comment

"Then red and wire go together at the place of the red wire of ibanez,"??? did you mean the red and white wire go to where the red one went on the ibanez?

Comment

"You have to solder the red and white together before you insulate them in either shrink tubing or electrical tape."----------so only the black wire gets soldered onto the switch? and the white and red just get soldered to each other? on the old bridge 2 wires went to the switch and on deifferent parts of it.

Comment

Yeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Pickups... the final frontier.
                These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
                Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

there isnt a positve and negative connection? I but it says red wire solders onto here and white wire solders here, why am I only soldering ONE black wire onto one of them? ANd which little metal thing do I solder it onto?

Comment

Are you trying to wire up any type of coil split, or do you just want basic humbucker operation? Assuming you're not doing anything fancy with the wiring, solder the red and white wires together, and then wrap them with electrical tape. Solder the thick black wire to the back of a pot to ground it, and then solder the thin black wire to the switch.

I really think you should take it to a tech to do the installation. If you don't understand the diagram and you don't know what a pot is, you're not going to have an easy time doing this.

Ryan
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

"then solder the thin wire to the switch."------------------which metal thing on the switch?!! there are 3 open connections!!!

Comment

thats all i need to know

Comment

which metal thing on the switch?

Comment

Unless you are splitting the coils, the red and white should be soldered together and insulated. But it sound like you are getting in over your head, so I would definitely suggest taking it to a tech.

Comment

which one?!!?

Comment

so i solder the black wire on the switch where the white wire was for the ibanez

Comment

Working...
                                X