X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dills
    replied
    Re: I am finally happy with the duncan custom

I knew that cause i think the alnico 2 magnet would takeaway more of the sizzly trebles and make it a little smoother with less bass. Which to me sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

The Custom and CC is the same pickup, it just the magnet that is different!

Leave a comment:

• Dills
    replied

The c5 sounds like a scooped brittle pickup, with hardly any mids and in my guitars they would definelty sound more shrill, because ive had lots of problems finding a pup that i like in the bridge of an all mahogany guitar, i like a fat warm big sound (not thin and trebly) but that cuts thru. So I think a custom custom is more what i am looking for if youre considering another duncan. But for now the custom is all i can afford.

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    replied

You might want to try the C-5. I kind of like the Custom but find it too hard....not warm or round enough. Maybe it's the ceramic magnet. Leads are a little brittle and thin.

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    replied

The Custom looks/sounds like a solid pickup... got some clips?

Leave a comment:

• mongrollo
    replied

I am glad to hear that ou found something you are happy with. I am on my way to set this ****ing JB. But may be it is just patience and perseverance...

Leave a comment:

• Dills
    started a topic I am finally happy with the duncan custom

I am finally happy with the duncan custom

It took me a while to get used to it but now I love the tone im getting from it it has a nice classic sort of sound that can get very aggressive when needed. I realised its not that a bright pickup and has a decent amount of bass and mids (almost too much at times) which is a good thing. I love pumelling thick chords using this pickup it cuts thru really well and it growls.
    My only thing is I find it dosent suit dropped tunings with my setup it has too much growl in the low end which makes it sound a little grainy and less smooth. I like a smooth lowend. But its not too much of a problem cause I hardly use dropped tunings anyway.
Working...
X