JB bridge and '59 neck pickup height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB bridge and '59 neck pickup height?

I recently tried a custom/jazz set in my ESP and didn't like it, I put the JB and '59 set back in and didn't sound exactly the same. What do you guys recommend as a good distance between these pickups and the strings?

Re: JB bridge and '59 neck pickup height?

i may be wrong, but i think in general you hold down the high and low E strings at the last fret, and measure so its 1/16th of an inch between the strings and pickups. i could be wrong though, i havent adjusted my pickups heights in a while
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250
      i may be wrong, but i think in general you hold down the high and low E strings at the last fret, and measure so its 1/16th of an inch between the strings and pickups. i could be wrong though, i havent adjusted my pickups heights in a while
      I like mine set at 1/8" from the strings. I think it gives you a cleaner tone.

Comment

59 it's up to you but as far as the JB i would keep it between where the previous two have said to put it. Gives it the bite and the great tone the closer you get it
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Stratsky
          I like mine set at 1/8" from the strings. I think it gives you a cleaner tone.
          my number was an absolute guess, so it might be 1/8
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I have the JB/Jazz pickups in my Les Paul set at about 1/8" and they sound pretty nice at that height.
            ....Bob

Comment

Working...
            X