Gibson57 Classic equivelant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson57 Classic equivelant

Hello all, it's been a while since i was last here, anyway, I have aquired a Gibson 57 classic pickup that i am considering putting on my guitar to replace the JB, is there a Seymour equivelant of this pickup that I can hear a soundbite of, before pitting it in.

Thanks

Jon
    Scottish, born and bred.

Re: Gibson57 Classic equivelant

Jon

Welcome back to the forum. I can't recall if the 57' Classic is the wax potted A5 version Gibson puts out, or the unpotted. I think the BB's are the unpotted, but I can't remember.

As for the standard line of pickups SD makes, the 59' would probably be the closest if the 57' is the A5 potted version. I think the SD's have a little more life and clarity in them, but thats just my opinion. If the 57' is not wax potted, then the Seth Lover model will be the closest, although the Seth's have an A2 magnet, which make them slightly warmer and smoother, the 59' has a little more "bite.

For a true 1957 PAF tone, it is hard to beat the Antiquities. They will sound just like a real PAF from the 50's that has aged almost 50 years.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Thanks for the reply, as far as I can gather the gibsons are potted alnico 2. the pickup I have is also covered.
      Scottish, born and bred.

Comment

try a seth lover, if you like the 57, i bet youll love the seth
        both are alnico 2 pups in paf territory.

Comment

Working...
        X