Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rio Grande what do u think?

Originally posted by stevie ray
    Sounds great! Where would I get an Ant I custom bridge?
    I think Lew and John (BlackRose) might them (antI and antII) in stock. And they have the best prices on Duncan's !

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Rich,

Yeah different music styles is exactly the issue here. I am more into late 60's 70's classic rock.

And in the following sentence you summarized (very well) what I don't like about BBQ.

Doc, I can see where the BBQ's "take charge with authority" personality and always being so "in your face" could not be to your liking.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
        Rich,

Yeah different music styles is exactly the issue here. I am more into late 60's 70's classic rock.

And in the following sentence you summarized (very well) what I don't like about BBQ.

Doc, I can see where the BBQ's "take charge with authority" personality and always being so "in your face" could not be to your liking.

B
        And that is exactly why I tend to like it. Funny how these things work!

A lot of people find it dark and it is to an extent but I'll say the BBQ with CTS 500k pots in my LP was rather bright and hot! I guess it just goes to prove once again how much impact the guitar itself has on the tone.

Comment

I'm pretty pleased with mine. I have a Big bottom set in my tele (see sig) I was thinking about trying a 2 tallboy and one muy grande bridge set in a strat sometime.

Comment

Dark compressed tone that will jump (Boost) your mistakes and string sounds

Unless your a really good player, don't do it!
            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I'm getting to the point where I ...must....try....pickup!

Not too many dealers in Chicago area. Where's a good place to order them from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5
                I'm getting to the point where I ...must....try....pickup!

Not too many dealers in Chicago area. Where's a good place to order them from?
                Guitar Heaven
                -Butch Snyder
                butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I have tried the rio's they are ok, If you want to try a nice sounding pup that wil in my opinion give you the tone you are after try a set of Razor rails from All Parts they are smokin hot and have tone to the bone!Belive me you wont be sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie ray
                    Never tried em, but most of the reviews ive read were great

I looked around their site and thought a Muy Grande would be goood for me...

Any thoughts? on any particular Rio pickup or in general?

Just curious cuz im interested in em (no offense to seymour duncan but im pickup hunting)

stevie
                    I'd say try the Muy Grande.........most guys are blown away when they try these.

Comment

Working...
                    X