Dimarzio Parts don't suck after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Parts don't suck after all

OK- I was a little harsh last week when I ordered some Dimarzio pots and found out they were made in mexico and not american made. I installed the pots (500K)and they are incredible, maybe better than CTS pots. They're being used with Dimarzio evolutions on an Ibanez RG570 and really opened up the tone and output compared to the stock Ibanez pots. My suggestion, if you have ANY imported guitar, is try to replace the pots with high quality stuff before you change the pickups. And if you change the pickups, change the pots while you're at it.

I also ran the resistor and capacitator in parallel on the volume pot as a treble bleed with excellent results.

However, I do not like the 1 meg pot on the tone control. Seems to act like an on/off switch.

Re: Dimarzio Parts don't suck after all

Originally posted by jmh151
    I also ran the resistor and capacitator in parallel on the volume pot as a treble bleed with excellent results.
    If you are referring to their 560pF cap paralleled with a 300k resistor, yeah that does work pretty well ...

However, I do not like the 1 meg pot on the tone control. Seems to act like an on/off switch.
    Before switching down to a lower valued pot (instead of physically replacing the 1 Meg) , add a resistor across the wiper and CCW lug (the two you use now), make it about 680k ~ 2.2Meg, start higher and work down. That will give you a similiar response to a lowered valued pot, just crimp in the resistor, trying different values until you get the response you want, then solder that one in place. You can go lower,but I don't think you'd want to.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
    X