Anyone try a '59 Bridge in a Jackson Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try a '59 Bridge in a Jackson Soloist

I have a Jackson Soloist SL2HT and I really like the sound of the neck pickup for solo, lead and rythm much better than the JB in the bridge so I think I will replace it for a 59 Bridge. I saw on duncan website that they work better with mahogany body and my jackson has maple neck thru. Does it fit?
    Last edited by MetalHolics; 12-15-2007, 10:13 PM.

Re: Anyone try a '59 Bridge in a Jackson Soloist

In my opinion, the '59 mixes better with guitars that don't have too much going on during the tone, such as a neck-through. Your impression of your neck pickup reinforces that.

I'd say go for it. There might be a chance that a Custom 5 comes out best, though.
    Last edited by uOpt; 12-15-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The Soloist with strings through body bridge have too much sustain anyway! What I don't like about the JB is it's kind of fuzzy sounding in a high gain amp like my 6505. The 59 neck retain alot of clarity and take distortion very well with big low end punch. I hope it will do that in the bridge too. Mark Morton use it in studio and I saw a video on youtube with his signature guitar (all mahogany neck thru) in front a Mark IV and it sound pretty big. Hope it will do that king of sound in my soloist.

Comment

Necrobump

I am getting ready to try a 59b in the bridge of my soloist. The plan is to use it with a bmp. But I am gonna try it on its own first. So how will the pup act in a floyded maple neckthru.

Comment

Working...
        X