X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seraphial
    replied
    Re: anderson H3 review

I've been thinking about and H3/H1 combo for my set neck for A Perfect Circle type tones. Thanks for the review!

Leave a comment:

• ex-250
    replied

nah. i dont really have much use for that, but i could give it a try. i have a push/pull pot in my guitar with the invader in it from the previous owner....so i dont really need it in there haha

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

glad you liked it bro. have you tried it split?

Leave a comment:

• ex-250
    replied

oh and i also reccomend guitar heaven (www.gtrheaven.com), really fast delivery. i ordered it late last thursday night and it got here around 4 today.

Leave a comment:

• ex-250
    started a topic anderson H3 review

anderson H3 review

ok so i ordered one of these last thursday or so for my ltd viper-300, was lookin for a down-ish tone, etc. so i got it today, installed all good and everything. then i plug in and try it out. holy sh!t does this thing dominate! probably the best pickup ive ever used. its got a really powerful and tight low end, and the mids are awesome. not excessively..uh..scratchy (?) in the mids. and great clarity. highs are really nice too. its like perfect all across the eq for whati wanted. its ballsy as hell too. and great harmonics. even more pronounced squeels than my DD. in E, im not really sure of a band whose tone to compare it to. kinda like old Metallica if they didnt scoop. but in Db it was pure down. i jammed to NOLA and that was it, dead on NOLA tone. II is a little more bass-heavy, but its the NOLA tone exactly. which is kinda confusing cause pepper (keenan, from down) used the anderson on II but not NOLA haha. sounds great for sabbath too. oh and for such a hot pickup, its got pretty nice cleans too. kinda jangly sounding. and not distorted. i reccomend one of these to anybody wanting a real thick metal tone.
    Last edited by ex-250; 08-02-2004, 09:02 PM.
Working...
X