Elimenating Feedback and blasted hum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elimenating Feedback and blasted hum!

i recently bought a fender Fm212r and im having trouble with horrible feedback, even at low volumes(like 2) with high Drive/Gain. It scweaks vary loudly. I have a Japanese Strat copy with 3 single coil pickups. i was told that single coil pickups arn't good for high gain, and that i should get a stacked humbucker installed. Would a stacked humber fix this horrible problem? if so, what kinds would u ppl suggest?
    thanks alot for your time.

Re: Elimenating Feedback and blasted hum!

yea i have the same problem, i switched out my noiseless scn's for the antiquity II surfers. I get almost no hum in position 2 and 4, but 60 cycle in 1 3 and 5. Compare the hum you get in positions 2 and 1. If you get alot of hum in position 2 you may have a bad ground somewhere. If it improves when you touch a screw or the jack plate then you still have room to fix your grounding.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Buy the domain name TubeFreak and take your online presence to the next level. Perfect for anyone in the entertainment or video streaming industry. Don't miss out on this unique and catchy domain name!

Buy the domain name TubeFreak and take your online presence to the next level. Perfect for anyone in the entertainment or video streaming industry. Don't miss out on this unique and catchy domain name!
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

position 1 and 3 getbad feedback(4 and 5 dont even work for some reason). like this isnt just like slight hum, its all out scweaking feedback. are they the pick-ups?

Comment

If 4 and 5 don't work, and your getting one hell of a racket on pos 1 and 3, I'd be willing to bet your wiring is FUBAR'd.

I'd take it in and have a tech inspect it.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
          X