Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest pickups for Thinline Tele

Hey all!

I just picked up a 1990 MIJ 69 Thinline RI. It has a maple neck with a maple fingerboard, semi-hollow mahogany body, and the regular tele pickup set. After setting it up with a 10-46 string set (Everly B-52's, great string BTW) it sounds fantastic unplugged. It is not as bright as my solidbody ash tele, but the low mids are more present and the highs have a very nice airyness to them that I love.

The only problem is the pickups. The stock pickups sound muffled and have much less output than the JD in my other tele and even the MM/SD Albert Lee setup. What kind of pickups should I get for this thing? Should I get the Vintage Rythm and a Broadcaster Lead? Maybe I should look into the stack series? I don't know. I think the JD would have too many mids and not enough highs in the guitar for the sound I want. thanks for the help, gentlemen.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Suggest pickups for Thinline Tele

i think that the vintage rhythm and broadcaster bridge idea is a great one. ive played a few of those thinlines and i think those will really compliment that guitar

Comment

Cool, thanks for the suggestion, Jeremy.

Anybody else have any ideas?
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I think I would second Jeremy's idea on this one ..... Sounds Good!!

Comment

You could try a Muy Grande from Rio Grande as it has plenty of output and sounds great distorted but it will not give you a traditional tele sound, it is almost p-90 like in character.

Comment

i will cast my vote with jeremy's idea
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
            X