X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dills
    replied
    Re: Warmest , Smoothest production model humbucker

The breed and the Riio grande BBq are other good options.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

Originally posted by t-wolf21
    is that good or bad in an alder strat?

That depends. Are you in love wit the way your guitar sounds unplugged and want to get that same vibe thru your amp? If so, a transparent pickup would be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    replied

You're absolutely right, the soundclips really dont tell you much, only sortof a way to compare them to one another.

Leave a comment:

• Creedis777
    replied

My suggestion to you t-wolf before you buy NE thing. Go see if you cant find a guitar that already has some of the p-ups ur interested in in it. Prefereably one close to or the same as the wood type and so on as ur guitar. I got a 59 for my neck and a JB for my bridge on my epi special 2 and well I will be honest with you.....sound clips will not tell you how those p-ups will sound in YOUR guitar through YOUR rig. I know for me I was somewhat dissapointed. Though I can't really complain. ANYTHING was better than the pickups that come stock with that guitar......blech!
    Last edited by Creedis777; 08-16-2004, 02:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    replied

Originally posted by Luke Duke
    I just got my APH bridge last monday. It is so soooooo smooth and warm. Unless I don't quite understand what everyone calls a loose bottom I think it is more tight than a JB on my setup. The mids are great (more than what I'm used to) I can actually turn the mids down from 10! The highs are so smooth it makes your runs not jump but FLOW out of the amp. I say give it a try.

Luke
    Not to hijak this thread, but how does that a2pro go in pretty high gain situations in the bridge? Is it a definite slash vibe, and does it stay smooth and warm?

Im sure this is beneficial to the thread

Leave a comment:

• Luke Duke
    replied

I just got my APH bridge last monday. It is so soooooo smooth and warm. Unless I don't quite understand what everyone calls a loose bottom I think it is more tight than a JB on my setup. The mids are great (more than what I'm used to) I can actually turn the mids down from 10! The highs are so smooth it makes your runs not jump but FLOW out of the amp. I say give it a try.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• t-wolf21
    replied

is that good or bad in an alder strat?

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

It'll cover a lot of ground for sure. It'll be open and airy with smooth highs and bigger mids, than say, a 59. The thing with the Seth is, you'l hear a LOT of your guitar coming through this pickup, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on you tastes. I had a SH-55 set in my Epi Sheraton and you could hear a lot of the wood coming through.

Leave a comment:

• t-wolf21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t-wolf21
    replied

I had a CC in trembucker spacing that i was going to put into my guitar along with a new pickguard to house the humbucking bridge pickup. The thing was...the trembucker didn't fit into the space. I guess this particular pickguard houses regular sized humbuckers.

How is the Seth in a Strat anyone know? Is it versatile?

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Lewguitar
    Just for the record, regardless of what the soundclips may sound like, the Custom Custom is very smooth. Nice, thick, warm and very pronounced mids. Also it's available in Trembucker spacing and the Seth isn't. Also the Seth comes only in a covered version, tho the cover is easily removable. I love them both and use the Seth as the neck pickup and CC as the bridge pickup in my favorite guitar with humbuckers, my Hamer Monoco Super Pro.
    The CC isn't anywhere on the top of my favorite humbucker list,but I do agree with Lew in that it is smooth..Too smooth for my tastes,but it's more the darkness and the mids that I dislike with this pickup...it also doesn't articulate like a lower Seth,59,or PG can...Just my opinion(Which means squat really)! LOL

John

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

Originally posted by t-wolf21
    good , I was thinking about the Seth. I've heard soundclips of the CC and it really didn't sound smooth. Warm yes, smooth I didn't think so.

By the way do Seth Lover pickups come w/out a cover? I was thinking of putting one in my Strat.
    Just for the record, regardless of what the soundclips may sound like, the Custom Custom is very smooth. Nice, thick, warm and very pronounced mids. Also it's available in Trembucker spacing and the Seth isn't. Also the Seth comes only in a covered version, tho the cover is easily removable. I love them both and use the Seth as the neck pickup and CC as the bridge pickup in my favorite guitar with humbuckers, my Hamer Monoco Super Pro.

Leave a comment:

• t-wolf21
    replied

good , I was thinking about the Seth. I've heard soundclips of the CC and it really didn't sound smooth. Warm yes, smooth I didn't think so.

By the way do Seth Lover pickups come w/out a cover? I was thinking of putting one in my Strat.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

Yeah the Seths are defently warm and smooth, they sound awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Benjy_26
    Not usually. It has big mids with round highs and the lows are kind of loose, but not muddy.

In the right guitar, though, (that is, bright), it does have solid lows and highs.
    The CC gets plenty bright if you move it close to the strings. That's how I use it. Gets kind of a hot Van Halen tone, IMO, especially through a real Marshall or tweed Bassman amp.

I love it.

You might also consider a Seth Lover for a more vintage paf type output. Those are fat and smooth too.

Lew

Leave a comment:

Working...
X