Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Demon Bridge in the neck??

hey guys,
    anybody try that before?? there is a Duncan Demon for sale that I might pickup somtime later. Can it be used for neck?? If so, how would the distortion and cleans sound??

I am using a Custom in the bridge.

Thanks,
    Duke
    www.dukeofmetal.tk

Re: Duncan Demon Bridge in the neck??

make some search on this board (if you haven't already done)! I've read some good things about it. here...
    something with jazz on steroids etc....
    Last edited by Marcel; 08-15-2004, 04:21 PM.
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Off the subject but my school name was the Duncan Demons.

Comment

I have a Demon in the bridge of one of my SG's that I'm unhappy with. I'm gonna replace it with a Custom or Distortion and think I'll put the Demon in the neck. I remember reading a post awhile back about this too!!!!

Comment

I really think of getting one for the neck position too!
          I can remember the old thread about it, it's supposed to sound pretty good.
          My best guess is that it would be like a hotter '59n with less and tighter bass and more harmonics but still good cleans. Sounds good? That would be perfect! Damn I'm gonna get one...need to try...

Comment

Sounds cool guys.. Can you let me know if anybody gets a chance to try it. I know it wont be for a while for me.

thanks,
            Duke
            www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

I've got one in the neck and well I liked it when I played it over a bright halfstack, but the pick up never seemed to sound too good with another amp. It cleans up wonderfully, like a '59n but a little sparklier if you know what I mean. The harmonics aren't bad, but aren't very impressive either. The leads are very airy and open and have this amazingly natural shred sound, it is very much of the same though. The bass reminded me of the Tone Zone though, very plongy lacking a lot of definition.

There are ways to make this pick up sound good though. Back on the old forum, Warren Lee Lynch replaced the A5 magnet with a ceramic and thought it was awesome. Another guy (sorry don't remember his name anymore) replaced the Allen head polepieces with Allen heads from his DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell. He totally hated it before this mod, but was very pleased after the mod. Harmonics seemed to jump out again, it had a very balanced sound and notes were more defined.

I try to stay away from modding pups, so I'm thinking about replacing it with a DDn after I've bought my amp, the Demon is a great pup though so I'll still keep it!
              Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
              Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
              Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
              Marshall 2x12 Vintage
              Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
              X