What Buckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Buckers?

I know, me using something other than a strat? Blasphamy! But, my B-day's rollin around so I figured I'd make my Oscar Shmidt OE-30 a little better. For the neck, I want something raunchy but retains the deffinition. For the bridge, I want it raunchy as well, but for heavier stuff, but I want it warm. After listening to some of Jolly's stuff, I'm thinking a Jazz/Jazz, but I'm afraid the bridge might be too low output. Maybe a JB? The guitar is a semi hollow, rw board, mystery wood neck and body (I'm a wood genius and cant even tell what it is, but it looks like basswood [the body anyway]). so PG/JB, 59/JB, Jazz/JB, what? I dunno.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: What Buckers?

I rekon JB/Jazz...then you could even put an alnico2 magnet into the JB sometime and one in the jazz which would warm them both up if they werent warm enough already.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

If you want warm tones I think you better look for an alnico II pickups set. AlnicoPro/CC it is very famous...

Comment

Pg set. You just described it to a T. I have a set in my LP and it goes from Jazz to hard rock no sweat.

Besides, you're from Texas. You might be lynched if you don't at least try them.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
          Pg set. You just described it to a T. I have a set in my LP and it goes from Jazz to hard rock no sweat.

Besides, you're from Texas. You might be lynched if you don't at least try them.
          That's what I was thinkin. A PG set. I guess I'll just have to use pickup hights and knobs controll to get the kind of boost from the bridge I want. And I'd like to see someone try and get my fat ass up on a rope to lynch me. That's like a town effort right there.
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

The PG bridge has plenty of punch, at least for me. I went from the JB to the Pg and haven't looked back. I did give up some output, but the tone is to die for.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X