New Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pickups

Hey guys, just wanted to ask for some suggestions on the pup selection for a guitar I may be purchasing very soon. It's an ESP LTD M-300. It currently has EMG HZ's in it. It is a neck thru with mahogany body and neck (or so I've read).
    I will be using this guitar for playing harder rock or metal and it will prolly serve as my guitar for recording leads. I already have and Epi LP Standard that will soon be sporting a C-5 in the bridge and a '59 in the neck so I am looking for something a little different. I have been thinking about dual EMG 81's however I welcome other suggestions whether it be Duncan's, Dimarzio's etc,

Cheers Guys
    Looking to Purchase:
    Axe-FX Ultra
    ART SLA2
    Mesa Boogie 2X12
    PRS Tremonti
    PRS Singlecut, SC245 or SC250
    Edwards Les Paul Custom
    Gibson Explorer
    Fender Stratocaster
    Fender Telecaster

Re: New Pickups

For something diffrent from the C5/59, I would go with either a Jazz/JB or a Cusom/APH. I think you should give the new axe a try stock first, maybe the EMG's will have what you are looking for.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: New Pickups

After hearing the C-5/59 combo in your Epi, you'll have an idea of what you're looking for with the new guitar. Then, you could go warmer with a CC, midrangier with a JB, or crunchier with a Custom. I like C-5's in mahogany guitars, since The C-5 supplies the nice lows and highs, while the mahogany gives you your natural midrange tone.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
      X