banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do guitars that come stock with SD's without logos have stickers on the bottom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do guitars that come stock with SD's without logos have stickers on the bottom?

I ordered an Alnico II pro online from a company called Wayne Guitars. Anyway, the pickup doesn't have the SD logo or the sticker on the bottom signifying it's model, but it does have the SD logo baseplate. I asked the person I bought it from why there was no sticker, and he said that OEM pickups don't have stickers, they're made that way to look like stock pickups, and that this pickup is an OEM.

Anyway, for people who bought guitars which came with SD's which didn't have logos in them, do they have stickers on the bottom?

Re: Do guitars that come stock with SD's without logos have stickers on the bottom?

I have bought a Guild S-100 that came with a 59n and a JB nickel covered. Both pickups had the SD logo in the baseplate and a small sticker with the model name. I have never removed the covers so I don't know what it is under.

Comment

Re: Do guitars that come stock with SD's without logos have stickers on the bottom?

All Seymour Duncan and Basslines-brand pickups are sold with stickers on the underside that identify the pickup and the lot number. Whether or not the OEM customer keeps the sticker on the pickup is up to them.

But if you see the Seymour Duncan logo on the bassplate, and if you're buying from a reputable Seymour Duncan OEM customer (like Wayne Guitars), you can be assured that you're getting a genuine Seymour Duncan or Basslines pickup.

Thanks for the question.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Working...
      X