JB's in different guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB's in different guitars?

I love the sound that i get with my JB trembucker in the bridge of my japanese jackson ps2 through my ENGL Savage 120, it sounds awesome! Really thick and chunky, but i wouldnt mind it to have a bit more sustain and possibly darker...but just how much more of each will it get if i put one into my les paul standard? Will it get really dark and bassy?

How does the JB go in such guitars like thick heavy mahogany guitars? Ive heard lots of people love them.
    My Soundclick page.

Re: JB's in different guitars?

Originally posted by Young Angus
    I love the sound that i get with my JB trembucker in the bridge of my japanese jackson ps2 through my ENGL Savage 120, it sounds awesome! Really thick and chunky, but i wouldnt mind it to have a bit more sustain and possibly darker...but just how much more of each will it get if i put one into my les paul standard? Will it get really dark and bassy?

How does the JB go in such guitars like thick heavy mahogany guitars? Ive heard lots of people love them.
    dude you have a savage?
    as far as the JB having more sustain and being darker that would be in the EQing
    of the amp or maybe getting a external para EQ or graphic EQ?
    I liked the JB best with a additional eq for added low end that many claim the JB lacks. it also added a lot more sustain
    you may also want to consider a compressor for more sustain?

Comment

The JB sounds very different depending on the guitar- I've heard it in my Carvn SC90 (it was too bright), in a Charvel (crunchy and nicely midrangey) and a Schecter (dark and warm). If your LP is a darker guitar (plus if it has 300k pots), you will find that the JB will warm up, and that the heaviness of the LP will add to the sustain.
      Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
      Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
      Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
      http://emayhem.com/the_fords
      (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

i still cant believe that the JB was originally made with a tele guitar in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
          i still cant believe that the JB was originally made with a tele guitar in mind!

Me too. I had one in my LP and didn't much care for it. It was too dark and compressed. Killer with distortion, but the cleans weren't very good. I then put it into a hardtail Carvin DC127 with alder wings and a maple neck thru, and it brought that guitar to life. It doesn't sound so much like a hot humbucker so much as it has a sort of fat twang to it that is very cool. I guess I'm one of the few people that like the JB in a lighter rather than heavier guitar.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
            Me too. I had one in my LP and didn't much care for it. It was too dark and compressed. Killer with distortion, but the cleans weren't very good. I then put it into a hardtail Carvin DC127 with alder wings and a maple neck thru, and it brought that guitar to life. It doesn't sound so much like a hot humbucker so much as it has a sort of fat twang to it that is very cool. I guess I'm one of the few people that like the JB in a lighter rather than heavier guitar.
            Well thats what im saying, that i currently love my JB in my light jackson ps2, thats just a cheap alder guitar with a licensed floyd and it sounds fantastic with that JB.

Im kinda tossing up differences between the JB or a CC which i will be able to change to a C5 because i will have A5 magnets spare from the burst bucker pros ill be taking out.
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
            X