Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose pickups

Hallo.
    First of all I want to apologize for my English, I?m a Slav, so my English isn?t as good as I want. I?ve got a question about pickups for my 7 custom string guitar.
    First I must tell you how my axe is build:
    Alder body
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fingerboard
    24 frets, Tune-O-Matic
    2 Humbuckers (****y WSC)
    Every HB has its own push-pull volume to split, there?re also 2 mini switches to series/parallel (first) and phase/out of phase (second) for every one HB (4 together)
    So, my question is:
    I want to change the stock pickups for something else. I think I will change it for SH-8 Invader in the bridge position and SH-6 Duncan Distortion in the neck.
    I want to ask you is this a good combination? I want a crunchy sound in the bridge (Invader has a lot of bass, and a little of highs) and an incredible solo sound in the neck (Distortion isn?t so bassy as Invader and has o a lot of mids and highs). And those pickups have a big D.C. Resistance, so I can split them easily without a big lost of output I think.
    I play metal with a lot of shred, something about like a combination of Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P) and Yngwie Malmsteen
    Is this a good combination, maybe you would offer me something better to the neck position (Jazz or something?) or both? Maybe something from 7-string DiMarzios.
    And another question ? can you tell me where I can find to download and hear 7-string versions of DiMarzio pickups, there?s nothing on DiMarzio?s home page.

Thanks you all for help.

Re: Help me choose pickups

The Invader is cool in the bridge but I might suggest the Duncan Distortion neck model in the neck position. The DD bridge version may be a bit much in the neck position. The neck version is killer sounding and splits very well.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
    X