banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing pickup in my Hamer Studio - what width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing pickup in my Hamer Studio - what width?

Hey guys and dolls. I know somebody here would know the answer to this. The bridge humbucker in the Hamer Studio - is it standard width or wide (trembucker)? The guitar seems very Les Paul-like so I'd assume it'd be standard width. I feel like a dumbass because I'm too busy playing this guitar to measure the string width at the bridge.

By the way. I acquired this Hamer Studio Custom a couple months back and it is a terrific guitar. After looking at Les Paul after Les Paul for something that would justify the high price I stumbled upon the Hamer Studios and fell in love with them. Great guitars.

Re: Changing pickup in my Hamer Studio - what width?

my guess is that it's standard width, since there's no trem

great guitars, btw
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

It's somewhere between standard and trem-spaced. A standard spaced humbucker doesn't line up 100% perfectly, but neither would a trembucker for that matter. I think a trembucker might be a little closer to perfect though.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
        It's somewhere between standard and trem-spaced. A standard spaced humbucker doesn't line up 100% perfectly, but neither would a trembucker for that matter. I think a trembucker might be a little closer to perfect though.

Ryan
        --Well, that's interesting. I know these guitars came with JBs for a long time and this one has a 59 in the bridge. Did Seymour Duncan supply custom-sized pickups to Hamer for these guitars? Hey, stranger things have happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Apples
          --Well, that's interesting. I know these guitars came with JBs for a long time and this one has a 59 in the bridge. Did Seymour Duncan supply custom-sized pickups to Hamer for these guitars? Hey, stranger things have happened...
          No, they use standard spaced bridge pickups. Tuneomatics usually have a string spacing slightly wider than a standard spaced humbucker. Different brands of pickups are spaced differently. The Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge of my Hamer lines up almost perfectly, better than the stock JB. I believe it's somewhere between a standard spaced and trembucker spaced pickup, which is why it lines up almost perfectly. I believe Gibson pickups are the same way, they are built to match up with the string spacing of the TOM bridges Gibson uses.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X