Stingray replacement pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray replacement pickup

I have a Stingray that plays incredibly but I really don't like the tone even though it is that "classic" Stingray sound. I want it to sound like my Jazz. Does anyone know what the Basslines MM replacement pickup sounds like and if it will significantly sound different than the stock MM pickup?

Re: Stingray replacement pickup

Man, if You don't like the Stingray sound, go buy a new amp!

I've completely fallen in love with that Stingray tone, and started to design a Stingray 5 "Deluxe" with a local luthier.

Hey, perhaps you also should think about getting piezos in the bridge, or even route the body for a J pickup in the neck position. That would surely make your Stingray many sided, and when you get your head together, you'd still have the one and only Stingray sound. lol!

Actually, if you have a four string Stingray, you don't even have a single/parallel/series switch! That would surely make new sounds for you. It is an easy job for any technician. As long as the pickup has a 4-conductor wire. I think it does, since Sterling has the swich and it has the same pickup.

Comment

Working...
    X