I made a clear sounding pickup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I made a clear sounding pickup...

lol, software can distinguish between 440Hz and 880Hz. Sure, you could program it so that it doesn't, but you could just as easily program it so that it does. I'd like to hear how you think a software octaver effect works if you disagree.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with your binary example. If it was filtering post digitisation, it would be more like a computer trying to distinguish 110111000 (which is 440) from 1101110000 (which is 880).

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your new video.
    Last edited by Fikealox; 09-14-2008, 01:59 AM.

Comment

yah it could in clean code... I dont get you.. this little kid math... im going on and on with this little science expearemint.. try going to any progaming fourm like the darkbasicpro.com and explane your theary... and dont forget to menshon the guitar..

Comment

Ok hears your A A test.. remember im not trying to show off the sound right now
        im giveing the understanding of two notes that are the same being played..
        and im useing my cheap pedol... I made the sound obveaus..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Well, this is an easy pickup to make. It's six coils, one for each string. Roland beat you to this, methinks...
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

la laa laa you guys are driveing me craze... just think what you could do with the pickup.. not what you think its made out of... it useis softwear... its... complicatid

hey look at that Roland... no thats not like mine at all.. mine you can use a wammey bar.
            and its not a fully digitol pickup... the roland I guess when you play a note no mater what note you play it plays at full volum right... and I hear it has a slight delay to it..
            mines nothing like that... I like that roland... im thinking now about geting one..

I also have alotmore ideas on makeing pickups... im just showing thisone...
            I cant wait to show my otherones.
            Last edited by Michael Morales; 09-14-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Morales View Post
              yah it could in clean code... I dont get you.. this little kid math... im going on and on with this little science expearemint.. try going to any progaming fourm like the darkbasicpro.com and explane your theary... and dont forget to menshon the guitar..
              lol, I don't need to go to another forum. I can see with my interface and guitar rig 3 that my computer can distinguish octaves.

As for your latest video, yeah, that's what I asked for. I don't know how you did it (well, unless it was post-production, of course). The only ways I think it could be done would be with an onboard preamp (like with piezo bridges) or seperate signal paths for each string or group of strings (which would be clunky at best), or a different output system (like midi).

If you want to overcome the skeptics and make us marvel at the versatility of the pickup, you need to explain how you're doing it. Otherwise we'll just assume you're using some old or clunky method.

Comment

la laa laa you guys are driveing me craze... just think what you could do with the pickup.. not what you think its made out of... it useis softwear... its... complicatid

hey look at that Roland... no thats not like mine at all.. mine you can use a wammey bar.
                and its not a fully digitol pickup... the roland I guess when you play a note no mater what note you play it plays at full volum right... and I hear it has a slight delay to it..
                mines nothing like that... I like that roland... im thinking now about geting one..

I also have alotmore ideas on makeing pickups... im just showing thisone...
                You do realize that the Roland system is software based as well. It's a full synth. I used to own one, and it would respond to dynamics just fine. It could emulate a piano, acoustic guitar, bass... pretty much anything you could load into it. Sorry, man, you're not breaking much new ground here. It's a cool idea for your use, but I doubt you would be able to market it.

Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhpKMBjWoHw
                ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

Now, the Roland is cool

Comment

And I can't wait not to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fikealox View Post
                      Now, the Roland is cool
                      I used to have the GR-09, and I really want to buy one again...

Comment

yah but no one uses that.. because the main effect is created by a computer and not the guitar... you know you could make the guitar flat like a pancake and it would still creat the same sound... so all you would need to do is use any cheap guitar to use it... mine on the other hand haveing that good ow guitar would matter for sound.

Comment

i don't even know what to say about this thread. just that it is way too long for the content that it contains
                          Originally posted by kilphody
                          There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

yah but no one uses that.. because the main effect is created by a computer and not the guitar... you know you could make the guitar flat like a pancake and it would still creat the same sound... so all you would need to do is use any cheap guitar to use it... mine on the other hand haveing that good ow guitar would matter for sound.
                            You may want to study the Roland system a little more. It's a blended system. It will run either your actual guitar, a blend of both, or all synth. It is just as dependent on having a good guitar as any normal pickup would be. I would prefer the Roland's sounds to anything I've heard out of your system (no offense meant...). Unless you want to send me a prototype to test in my own guitar, then I'll stick with what I know.

Comment

yah that would be the day.. na you could try it when they start selling them in the stors.
                              haa haaa

I have many other kind of pickups... I have this other idea its a trip... when I got more time im going to work on all the other ones that I have in minde.. and also some other projest.. I have plenty of things to do for the rest of next year.

Comment

yah that would be the day.. na you could try it when they start selling them in the stors.
                                haa haaa

I have many other kind of pickups... I have this other idea its a trip... when I got more time im going to work on all the other ones that I have in minde.. and also some other projest.. I have plenty of things to do for the rest of next year.
                                Well, it's interesting for sure. Let me know when you've got that thing in stores, and I'll definitely check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X