Mystery pickups ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery pickups ?

Hy everybody , i just bought an Ibanez roadstar II ( RS 530 ) , outstanding lutherie , but i cant find what are the pickups , i've looked under and it is ritten :
    neck : " N" and the pickup has no brand , 12 little allen pole pieces
    bridge : " DDJ" it is a Seymour duncan , hot and could be a sh4 or a sh6 by the balance it has , tight basses and agressive hights .
    Can someone help to clear this out ?
    thanks .

Re: Mystery pickups ?

The bridge is a Duncan Distortion. Does the neck pickup have 11 or 12 polepieces? If it has 11, it's a Carvin. I've never encountered a pickup with 12 polepieces.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have just checked and the neck pickup has 2 time 11 = 22 little allen ploe pieces .
      Are you shure about the bridge pickup , i tried the DD in another guitar and it didn't sound that good but it could be because of the guitar.
      And for the neck pickup if you know the model could you give me the specifications : magnet , dc resistance , resonance peak or just compare it to the duncan ?
      Thank a lot , this amaze me !

Comment

Is the neck pickup a humbucker?

Comment

Yes it is a humb , and i've been to Carvin site and this p-u is the spitted image of the M22neck , good p-u ? i don't know yet , i am used to Seymour,
          but this p-u doesn't seem to lack power and treeble witch is good for neck .
          Thanks for your help .

Comment

Originally posted by fab.regnaut
            bridge : " DDJ" it is a Seymour duncan
            Duncan Distortion wound by Maricela Juarez (“MJ”). Likely an older one since she's been in the custom shop a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by fab.regnaut
              Yes it is a humb , and i've been to Carvin site and this p-u is the spitted image of the M22neck , good p-u ? i don't know yet , i am used to Seymour,
              but this p-u doesn't seem to lack power and treeble witch is good for neck .
              Thanks for your help .

I had the M22 in the neck of my Carvin. It's a decent pickup with lots of output and bite. I swapped it out because it lacked character. It was very nice when driving modulation effects, but I like a pickup that speaks with a more distinctive voice. YMMV, of course.

Comment

I feel the same way , compared to a Screaming Demon witch is in a neck of another less quality guitar ,the M22n has a lot of bite , sound nearly as a bridge p-u , but lack of deepness and singing qualities .

Comment

Working...
                X