Please Help With Wiring/Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help With Wiring/Schematic

I am installing a Fralin PAF (4-conductor) into my Strat. I have it wired to a mini-toggle (for Series, Split, Parallel).

The trouble I am having is that I did not note where the ground (on the pickup I removed) was soldered before removing the other pickup. I know it would normally be soldered to the volume casing, but it was not directly (it cannot/did not reach). For the life of me I cannot figure out where the ground was/should be soldered.

Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks

Sean
    Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
    Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
    Boss Metal Zone
    Boss Super Chorus
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Ibanez Tube Screamer

Re: Please Help With Wiring/Schematic

Back of a pot, take your pick. You can extend your leads if need be with no ill effects.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

you can ground it to the 'ground' of the output jack .. or the guitar 'ground' wire that is soldered to the bridge ...

good luck
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks, guys!
        Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
        Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
        Boss Metal Zone
        Boss Super Chorus
        Dunlop Crybaby
        Ibanez Tube Screamer

Comment

Working...
        X