SJB5B Hum Free (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJB5B Hum Free (?)

I've reread the SD website and the packaging for this pickup....yep they both say this is a hum less pickup. "The stacked coil configuration cancels hum" says the box label. I've been unable to realize hum-free operation, although the pickup fundamentally functions as a magnetic pickup.

The instructions lead me to believe that hum cancelling mode is achieved by connecting the coils in series.....ie solder red and white together, ground the green wire (and the shield) and connect black to the volume control. It still hums unlike the split coil P bass pickup in the neck posit.

Where am I going wrong here?

Re: SJB5B Hum Free (?)

I have used several SD Stacked pickups in my Strat, Tele and Jazz bass and i can assure you that they are hum free when installed correctly in a guitar that has no other issues.

What other pickup(s) are in that bass?

What is the switching situation?

Check your solder joints and make sure you taped off the red/white wire connection.

Make sure the hot out from the pots to the output jack is wired to the tip connector of the jack.

Hum/noise can be caused by quite a few things but I'm sure we can narrow it down for you.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
    X