JB in the Neck????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB in the Neck????

I had a JB in the bridge of my LP Custom and it had this high-mid honk I could never seem to dial out so I replaced it with a Custom and put the JB in the neck just for kicks. It's the best combination I've ever had in any guitar. The two pickups compliment each other perfectly.

Comment

So, if you put the JB in the neck, is it all right to just turn it around or would it need to phase shift the magnets???
      Seeker Of Ultimate Tone

Comment

I think mine has the screw coil on the bridge side, but I´m not sure (read "Drunk" :. It was factory mounted, otherwise I´d remember I´ll take a quick glance tomorrow. AFAIK the pickup is box stock, no flipped magnet, out of phase wiring or such
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ladd
          So, if you put the JB in the neck, is it all right to just turn it around or would it need to phase shift the magnets???
          I have it in the neck - I just turned it around and have no problems...not even muddiness...

Comment

Originally posted by The Don
            I have it in the neck - I just turned it around and have no problems...not even muddiness...
            Thanks a gazillion for the advice!
            Seeker Of Ultimate Tone

Comment

Working...
            X