Custom 8 paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Custom 8 paradise!

yep, tonight I had to do more tweaking on my amp, but the Custom 8 is sounding great!
    Though, I do still have my bass knob all the way up, was hoping the ceramic-to-A8 would change that some. Not that it doesn't sound great but I like having my tone knobs as close to 12 o'clock as possible, so I have plenty of wriggle room.

Comment

seems odd.. ALL of my C8 loaded axes have lows aplenty! Matter of fact, my Washburn Steve Salas has a HUGE bottom end that I was thinking I may need to lower the pup a hair..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Other1152 View Post
        have to bump this.

i came across this thread a few weeks back and ordered an A8 mag from Wymore and did a custom5 to an 8. all because of this thread, and then i had to make an account just to say.... THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this pickup is incredible!

Welcome to the forum! Stick around! Glad you like it! I LOVE em! Anymore, I get a new guitar, I start looking for a Custom, CC, C5 on the trading post and pop an A8 mag in it.. They let the guitar's qualities shine thru, but Ive gotten used to the feel of the pickup.
        What did you put yours in?
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Wow I am just about to order a nickel covered Custom Custom. Maybe I will see if they will do the A8 magnet for me. Does anybody know if SD will do this as a factory custom?
          Owner:
          Slamo Custom Guitars
          Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

So are the A8 magnets the same size as the A2/A5's?
            Owner:
            Slamo Custom Guitars
            Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              seems odd.. ALL of my C8 loaded axes have lows aplenty! Matter of fact, my Washburn Steve Salas has a HUGE bottom end that I was thinking I may need to lower the pup a hair..
              yeah I dunno, maybe due in part to my amp's an open-back 2x12 combo?
              Does sound good though, just would like to able to cut back the low knob

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat View Post
                Wow I am just about to order a nickel covered Custom Custom. Maybe I will see if they will do the A8 magnet for me. Does anybody know if SD will do this as a factory custom?
                they will, but you could also it pre-done from wymoreguitars.com

discount for SD forum members too!

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat View Post
                  So are the A8 magnets the same size as the A2/A5's?
                  Yeah, same size.. slip right in...

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Im thinking Wymore should consider supplying my A8 habit as a kickback.. Whatcha think?? I need a couple more.. haha Id love to know how many A8 mags they sell now, vs in the past since we all started this swap mania..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Stick around! Glad you like it! I LOVE em! Anymore, I get a new guitar, I start looking for a Custom, CC, C5 on the trading post and pop an A8 mag in it.. They let the guitar's qualities shine thru, but Ive gotten used to the feel of the pickup.
                      What did you put yours in?
                      thanks for the welcome!

i put it in a custom guitar i built. if you look at my pictures its the red one, only one in pics that are up right now.. (in the pics i have a dimarzio in the bridge, but replaced it with a Custom5)

the specs are, mahogany body, maple veneer(deep red stain), maple neck and scalloped ebony board. tung oil finish. 1 volume push pull for coil tap and a 3 way switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Other1152 View Post
                        thanks for the welcome!

i put it in a custom guitar i built. if you look at my pictures its the red one, only one in pics that are up right now.. (in the pics i have a dimarzio in the bridge, but replaced it with a Custom5)

the specs are, mahogany body, maple veneer(deep red stain), maple neck and scalloped ebony board. tung oil finish. 1 volume push pull for coil tap and a 3 way switch.

Sounds awesome! Your avatar looks great!! Build me one to show your appreciation for turning you on to a great pickup?? wink wink... LOL

Jol Dantzig

Comment

i'll get right on that

Comment

Im thinking Wymore should consider supplying my A8 habit as a kickback.. Whatcha think?? I need a couple more.. haha Id love to know how many A8 mags they sell now, vs in the past since we all started this swap mania..
                            Lol ... you are just one of a bunch of magnet addicts!!! I actually think I sell more A2 & A5 magnets but A8 is right up there. I think maybe around 250 a year which in the overall picture is a very small chunk of my business. Would much rather sell 250 more pickups a year!!

To answer the question about A8 shop floor customs, yes it can be done but there is a small up charge because the magnets cost more. I stock Custom 8's in black and zebra and can order covered if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wymore Guitars View Post
                              Lol ... you are just one of a bunch of magnet addicts!!! I actually think I sell more A2 & A5 magnets but A8 is right up there. I think maybe around 250 a year which in the overall picture is a very small chunk of my business. Would much rather sell 250 more pickups a year!!

To answer the question about A8 shop floor customs, yes it can be done but there is a small up charge because the magnets cost more. I stock Custom 8's in black and zebra and can order covered if needed.
                              Would that include Custom 8 Trembuckers? 'Cause I could use a Zebra one for my new parts build...

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                                Would that include Custom 8 Trembuckers? 'Cause I could use a Zebra one for my new parts build...
                                Yes, I don't stock the C8 Trembucker but can order them no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X