Gibson pickup equivalent to the c5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson pickup equivalent to the c5?

Love the c5/ have brushed chrome Bibson hardware/what Gibson pickup is similar to the c5? I cant line up the holes as I am told and by looking at it a trembucker would bareley work if at all so I am stuck getting a Gibson pickup if I want to use my cool brushed chrome covers. What is the Gibson equivalent to the Duncan C5?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Gibson pickup equivalent to the c5?

I'm using a C-5 in my LP/SG reissue and it sounds great. As far as a comparison with a Gibson pup, I'ld guess it might be the Burstbucker that uses an Alnico-5 magnet (Burstbucker Pro I think). I've only played one or two LP's with Burstbuckers in them so I'm probably not the best judge. At any rate, the C-5 is in a league of its own IMO.

Jeff
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

the 498t is high output with an a5 mag like the c5 but I've heard that aside from those two similarities they are really different. The 498t is voiced more towards higher mids and the c5 has not so much mids with more bass and highs. That said I just recently installed a burstbucker #3 in my les paul and it was a serious improvment over the PGb I had in there before!!!
      Last edited by ledzepp29; 09-09-2004, 01:51 PM.

Comment

The Burstbucker Pro(V) is probably the closest and even though the C-5 is supposed to be hotter...they sound pretty close in output....because to my ears the BB Pro is pretty aggressive. I have had the C-5 and Rio BBQ in my LP but ended up going back to the BB Pro. Why fix what's not broken. Howver, I'd like to try the BB #3.

By the way, I think open coils look great on LP Standards.
        Last edited by papersoul; 09-11-2004, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Burstbuckers are the best of the newer Gibson pickups, although I'm not sure which one is Alnico 5. To me, Alnico 5 bridge pickups sound the best in mahogany guitars like Gibsons. I've been through a LOT of bridge pickups on Pauls, and always find myself coming back to the C-5.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I will try the c5 trembucker I have and see how it sounds. I love it in my schecter c1+ but that guitar is way brighter than the LP studio I have. We shall see. I wanted to keep the brushed chrome covers from the Gibson but sound is more important than looks.
            My bands links:

PEDL
            www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
            www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
            www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
            X