No announcement yet.

Mesa Dual Recto and Les Paul users.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Dual Recto and Les Paul users.....

I play through a Mesa Road King head into a 2x12 Recto. cab and I am trying to find out what pickups some of you are using with this combination. My LP is a 2003 Standard. Here is what I have tried so far....

Neck - Pearly Gates, '59, with the '59 currently in the guitar
    Bridge - Custom 5, Alnico II Pro, JB and a Rio BBQ (which is currently in the guitar).

My playing goes anywhere from Gary Moore to Van Halen to Metallica to Dream Theater.
    Last edited by mathboy3; 09-11-2004, 04:17 PM.

Re: Mesa Dual Recto and Les Paul users.....

DiMarzio Super Distortion
    JB
    EMG 85/81

All of them sound awesome, but the EMG combo is my favorite.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Did you not like the c5? I have a c5 inmy schecter and like it the best out of ones I have tried so far. I wonder if it will be too bassy with my studio? What do you think? My friend has a jb in his LP and loves it however that same pickup sounded too bright/ mid spikey in my schecter. He is selling this jb pickup for $40 if interested as he has going to emg pickups now.
      My bands links:

PEDL
      www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
      www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
      www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

I'm not a Road King/Rectifier user, but I emulate one on my POD and have it go into a Mesa Boogie 20/20.

I'm using the EMG 81/85 combo in my les paul. I can get all of those styles out of my les paul with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

Working...
        X