Ever hear of GFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of GFS?

Lookin around eBay, found a new kind of pickup to ask about...the brand is GFS, the model is the "Crusader", and they're bragging about it being "double-wax impregnated". Here's a link...

GFS Crusader

Wondering if it'd be suitable for hi-gain distortion in my girlfriend's new green Jackson...and wondering what the hell "double-wax-impregnated" means...

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Ever hear of GFS?

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    Lookin around eBay, found a new kind of pickup to ask about...the brand is GFS, the model is the "Crusader", and they're bragging about it being "double-wax impregnated". Here's a link...

GFS Crusader

Wondering if it'd be suitable for hi-gain distortion in my girlfriend's new green Jackson...and wondering what the hell "double-wax-impregnated" means...

-X
    Don't know about the pup, but double wax etc. ...Just means that it's potted twice, DMZ calls it double dipped, SD does the say thing also. You normally see that with pups with covers, but even then do it right the first time, and the second time is unecessary ... still a good idea though.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I see that brand too. And also Custom Shop Parts? They claim to be highend, but they sell cheap, so I don't know it they're "licensed quality" or "boutique quality", or just the same as you'd expect from any stock pickup. I don't usually gamble with my money, but I've been curious about GFS strat pickups.. I dunno.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Well it took them all this time to come up with a clever rhyming name similar to the Invader (Crusader). They say copying is the highest form of flattery, so maybe Evan needs to smack this guy down once more. LOL

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Yah, we know about this guy. His name is Jay Abend from Guitarfetish.com.

We have nothing to do with they guy (other than creating the designs which a factory in Korea is copying and he's selling).

Anyway, we'll stay out of the legal fray and just concentrate on making and selling our own pickup designs.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I have a bridge and neck Bigmouth model and they are very good sounding pickups. They are a bit noisy though. I think its because they wind the coils unequaly to emulate the Quarter Pounder sound.

Snowdog

Comment

Working...
            X