X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice SSL-1 Comment from John Frusciante

Mine's probably because I need to lose weight
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      One question though... Did he really report Snakeaces as a troll?
      I'm curious about that too, I am still trying to figure out how I was a troll to him
      Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
        I'm curious about that too, I am still trying to figure out how I was a troll to him
        Part of the job of being a troll is calling anyone who questions them a troll.
        Originally posted by dg27
        Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

These aren't the trolls you're looking for. Move along.
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

I can't deny that I love Tool. They are one of my favorite modern bands!
            Sigh!

Comment

My buddie recently spoke with MJ after his middle pickup,on one of his vintage Strat pickups gave up the ghost... well, MJ rewound the pickup for his, 60's Strat.Everyone advised him to do this,in particular me , and this is what was the best thing ever to be done for this old Strat!

Fantastic! Thank you! There is so much love in this rewind , that it's not really quantifiable in terms of dollars. Thanks again.

One day, maybe a hundred years from now when we are all gone, they will open up this old Strat and see the rewound Duncan custom shop pickup there, and say" its all good"!
              Last edited by MetalManiac; 09-07-2015, 01:53 AM.
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                One day, maybe a hundred years from now when we are all gone, they will open up this old Strat and see the rewound Duncan custom shop pickup there, and say" its all good"!

Much more likely is they will open it and say "Its a non original pickup drop $10,000 from the asking price, bin the unoriginal one and try to find a vintage replacement"
                "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Far more likely is they will find it in 100 years and say "What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound. It's got wires that vibrate, and give music. What can this thing be that I've found?"
                  My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                    Mine's probably because I need to lose weight
                    I could also be described as 'rotund'.

Comment

• Re: Nice SSL-1 Comment from John Frusciante

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                      Sounds like you need something like this:

What in the f...I just happy peed a little. What is this is?

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                        What in the f...I just happy peed a little. What is this is?
                        I don't know, I honestly just googled Tele with Strat bridge or something to that effect.

It sounds like an awesome Warmoth project though.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                        Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy72 View Post
                          Part of the job of being a troll is calling anyone who questions them a troll.
                          Only because it's been asked multiple times, yes.

These aren't the trolls you're looking for. Move along.
                          Yes, let's move along. No more discussion of this troll, please.
                          Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                            Sounds like you need something like this:

Of all the guitars I hate, none more than the Tele. It looks great, feels like absolute crap. Where a Strat feels like I'm just shaking hands, the Tele feels like I'm being punched in the ribs. Love the tone, hate to be the one to get it. I even tried one with a contoured back and that actually made it worse. I can't see how anyone could make a comparison between a Les Paul body and a Tele body because of that. I mean, yeah, one cutaway as opposed to two, that's it. That top bout and the curves in the center of the body are what makes each one, and Fender did it wrong IMO.
                            My Blog

Comment

Heh. I reckon I look nice with a Tele on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11873447_941677562521449_1181069779812239023_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	5788497
                              Originally posted by Myaccount876
                              Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Of all the guitars I hate, none more than the Tele. It looks great, feels like absolute crap. Where a Strat feels like I'm just shaking hands, the Tele feels like I'm being punched in the ribs. Love the tone, hate to be the one to get it. I even tried one with a contoured back and that actually made it worse. I can't see how anyone could make a comparison between a Les Paul body and a Tele body because of that. I mean, yeah, one cutaway as opposed to two, that's it. That top bout and the curves in the center of the body are what makes each one, and Fender did it wrong IMO.
                                So...not a fan, then?

I find them every bit as comfortable as any LP and much moreso than a Strat but then, the only time my guitar touches my ribs is like...never.

You a jazz guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X