japan squier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japan squier

Hello... I´ve got a Japanese Squier, circa 1991/1992, and I want to upgrade it with new pickups.
    I enjoy smooth, clean tones, but I also need fuzzy/dirty sounds. Something like the Jesus and Mary Chain's "Darklands" with a bluesy feeling. And I really don't want a fat humbucking tone...
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks!

Re: japan squier

Strat or tele?
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Strat

Comment

body wood, maple or rosewood fretboard, and what kind of amp?
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Basswood.. Maple fretboard... I usually play it on a Fender Princeton or a Marshall JMC 900, with a Boss DS-1.

Comment

u got a marshall and a fender princeton, but a squier guitar? how did that work out? if u have the money, get a new better guitar and trade the pickups. but if u just want to trade the pickups on ur guitar u have now, go here
            Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by nepalnt21
              u got a marshall and a fender princeton, but a squier guitar? how did that work out? if u have the money, get a new better guitar and trade the pickups. but if u just want to trade the pickups on ur guitar u have now, go here

I'm sure that Jap strat will smoke most AM strats after the pickup change. I'd personally go with a pair of SSl's in the neck and mid and a Custom in the bridge.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Or some APS-1's in the neck and mid with a Twangbanger in the bridge. Or Some SSL-1's in the neck and mid with a SSL-5 in the bridge, or SSL-3 in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                X