Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burstbucker Pro1

Burstbucker Pro1
    Are they the best P.U. for a Les Paul Custom? Even if they're not S.D.

Re: Burstbucker Pro1

What sound are you looking for, bro? Also, is your Custom a maple topped model or a full mahogany axe?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
      Burstbucker Pro1
      Those are two different pickups, the burstbuckers come in #1, #2, #3 (unpotted), and then there's the Burstbucker Pro (used to be called the Burstbucker V), which is potted. They are good pickups, whether or not they're the best is a matter of opinion.

I think you'd get better direction/advice if you describe with amp you use, style of music playing, and what you're looking for in your tone that the stock Gibson 498T/490R are not providing.

Comment

O.K. It's a full mahogany axe. Got a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with tube screamer and
        distortion pedals. I love Blues, Blues-rock and Hard Rock.
        I'll use my Les Paul mostly for hard-rock cause I play my blues on clean channel with my american Fender Deluxe Fat Strat.
        The pick-ups I'm looking for are the Burstbucker Pro.1(unpotted). for both places.
        Any advices?

Comment

Well, I've only played the Burstbucker 1 in the neck position, but I did think it sounded very good. As good as a Seth Lover or Pearly Gates? Not to me. I feel that it's not as complex in the mids as the other two pickups I mentioned are.

It is a good pickup, but I don't think it's the best one out there.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

One important note: All the BB's (1-3) that come in custom shop gibsons produced after (including) 2003, are POTTED. And I believe the recent after market BB's are so as well.

Gibson does not possess the most consistent production line as far as pickups are concerned. So it would mean you'd take some risk if you wanna go for after market gibsons. I have heard great BB's (the ones that came stock in my R8), but not that great ones as well (those that came stock in my R7). See?

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
            X