Finding humbucker covers in black nickel/cosmo black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding humbucker covers in black nickel/cosmo black

I know GFS sells a couple of sets of pickups Vintage 59, FAT PATs, and Mean 90 with the black nickel but I actually only want to try the Crunchy PATs and Jay told me they can't get them in Black Nickel due to low/no demand for that finish on that pickup.

Are there any other aftermarket parts places that sell humbucker covers in this finish? Also looking for other hardware in this finish like Gibson stuff and tuners etc.

Re: Finding humbucker covers in black nickel/cosmo black

Iīve never seen aftermarket black chrome or cosmo black covers. Doesnīt mean they donīt exist, but I have no Idea where to start looking...
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I guess I'll have to order 2 sets of pickups from Jay swap covers and sell off the FAT PATs. Such is life.

Comment

Commercial prating services are pretty cheap and people send all kind of weird-ass stuff to them. They shouldn't have a problem blackening up pickup covers.

Comment

You will find some black covers HERE!
          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

You guys are confusing black with this:

And no this isn't plain chrome. This is plain chrome:

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
              Commercial prating services are pretty cheap and people send all kind of weird-ass stuff to them. They shouldn't have a problem blackening up pickup covers.
              Any idea on rates? I can't imagine a company plating parts for under $50 and to me that isn't cheap.

Comment

I remember that in my overclocking days people has the edges of their coolermaster stacker cases send in to chrome them for about $20. Dunno whether that was per part. Shipping on top.

Comment

I went searching anew for what I apparently started searching for in 2009. Oddly enough my very post came up in the top 3 searches on Google. Maybe it's just me but I always seem to be looking for items that are rare as hell like this or don't exist for some reason. This can be from guitar related things to sports, to nutrition to gardening tools etc.

Well now that it is 2 years later, anyone seen a vendor selling just the black nickel covers? I see Seymour Duncan now has a Benedetto A6 available in black nickel covers but I'd love to be able to buy these covers separately. I'd like a tremspaced bridge and regular spaced neck. Maybe 3-4 sets of these for now.
                  Last edited by Fusion1; 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

You do realize there is a difference between plain black and cosmo black right? Sorry not being a jerk but I thought this was pretty obvious when the thread was started over 2 years ago.

Comment

was as close as I could find

fault me if you will

I tried
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

We can sell pickups with that cover as a Shop Floor Custom. It would seem you already have the pickups though.

Comment

Ok checking in 3 years later. Does Seymour Duncan sell just the covers in black nickel yet? I see a few shop floor customs with black nickel covers but I just need the covers.

Comment

Working...
                            X