Wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help

Hi is there anyone in here that can help me with a simple wiring question. I am replacing my humbuckers and I am not sure which wires go where? The guitar set up is two humbuckers, two volume, two tone, 3 way switch. Also the two tone knobs are push/pull. The original wiring to the humbuckers are ground, white and red and is set up like this: Bare wire ground. white wire from each pick up to volume pots and each red wire to tone pots. I suspect the green and bare wires concerning the duncans are used as the ground but not sure which wires go to the vol and the pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wiring help

Green and bare go to ground. Black is hot, and red and white are soldered together and taped off unless you're going to split one or both with your push pull. Give me a minute, and I'll post the link to the schematics on the Duncan main page.

2 HB's, 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way With A Split
    Last edited by Jeff_H; 09-21-2004, 10:03 PM.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

It's still not clear. This is why... I understand the green and bare is the ground. The black is hot and goes to the volume pots on each pot for each pick up. But on the old pick ups each of the red wires from each pick up goes to each pull/push tone pot. I do want to split them as that's the way it is set up right now. Which wire(s) go to the tone pots? The red? The white? or the red and white together? Thanks in adavance.

Comment

It'd be the red & white wires together. Two-conductor pickups usually have the one hot wire and a single wire for the series link (and the fourth wire is internally connected to the bare ground wire). Either way the coil-splitting effect will be the same.
        Let's go where the raptor goes....

Comment

Thank You and God bless!

Comment

Working...
          X