I vant your Alnico 4! Give it me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I vant your Alnico 4! Give it me!

A few $ on ebay isn't expensive or hard to find. A9 might be limited in its application because it's harsh. But I don't really think so because it works perfectly in the neck spot to brighten things up for rock. Who doesn't have that problem. While A6 is friggin perfect. It's like a more balanced A5 with mids.

Comment

The way you describe an A6 is the exact way I describe an A4, which is why I think people like it so much. The way I see an A6, it's a darker, less middy A2.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

A6 isn't darker than A2. It has only slightly less treble than A5. I see the balance of A4 as desirable in some apps maybe, but I don't like how it sounds all flat color wise and takes away all the character of the pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
          Was that really worth the 9 year necro.......to quote a guy who is probably not here anymore anyhow?
          Who cares?
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
            is AlNiCo 4 really that sublime?
            Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

All the AlNiCo you'll ever want and then some.
            Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            Yes.
            btw ~ my A4 bridge is so harmonic ( maybe it's the scatter too) that i dont even know how to correlate it to the Neck A5 in the same ax. I just know that I dont have another Ax/Pickup that does what it does . i get almost as much harmonics when used together , as well

Comment

Working...
            X