Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between neck and bridge hotrails

Hi guys

I've just bought a couple of hotrails from ebay I don't know if they are neck or bridge - I'm guessing that they both have differant DC ratings and I can find out that way?

If they both turn out to be neck's would it be a big problem to put one of them in the bridge? If not could you recommend me a pickup that would sit well with 2 hotrails?

oh BTW thanks to everyone who helped me with my coil split question I posed a couple of weeks ago.

I ended up with what I think is called a blend pot on one of the tone pots, so now I can have any degree of split.

dave.

Re: Differences between neck and bridge hotrails

I think the Iron Maiden Strat had two Hot Rails in the neck and mid with a JBjr in the bridge. That should fly.

Dc resistance is 10.8k for the neck and 16.9 for the bridge with a resonant peak of 4.8 khz for the neck and 3.5khz for the bridge.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

thanks for the specs man, I'll check them when they get here.

I just thought - I have a dually red lace I could stick in bridge, how do you think that would stack up?

yes in case you hadn't guessed this is going to be my hardcore guitar

dave.

Comment

Man, it's been years since I played a guitar with Lace Sensors in it. I honestly couldn't tell you what it would be like. But, if you're looking for a humbucker to match up with some Hot Rails, you can't go wrong with a Distortion, especially if you're going for hardcore.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Having listened to the sound samples I think I'd have to agree that's the sound I'm after

anyone else had any experience with a dual red lace before I shell out for another pickup... :P

dave.

Comment

I played the SINGLE Red Lace and thought it was pretty cool sounding if you want an aggressive humbucker tone, but it did have to be raised pretty high (not a problem with Lace's) to match well in output to a pair of Cool Rails in the neck and middle. I think that the output discrepanciy will be less of an issue with the Dually though.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X