• Show
Clear All

• getting acoustic ;) , need advice!!

whats up guys...

so i received yesterday that seagull s12+ (12 string) acoustic

and want to put one acoustic pups on it so

i saw this woody HC and XL

so do you know of which one to try/buy?

do you know something about dean markley or dimarzio acoustic pups?

thanks a lot!
    Last edited by VicToR; 09-29-2004, 10:01 AM.
    Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
    Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
    Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Re: getting acoustic , need advice!!

Hey Victor:

Congrats on the Seagull! Last Monday, Seymour and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Robert Godin and touring the Canadian factories where the wood is processed and formed into Seagull (and Godin, Norman, Simon & Patrick, Art & Lutherie, and La Patrie brand) guitars. They really make fine instruments.

Anyway, the Woody is inexpensive and quick to install. I literally intalled one in 5 seconds once on a bet. And it gives you a good, feedback-free, amplified sound. The SC is a single coil, but it's the least expensive. The HC is hum-canceling. And the XL is hum-canceling and has adjustable pole pieces (it's very similar to the Sunrise).

Though it's pricier, the SA-6 Mag Mic is going to get the best possible acoustic tone out of that guitar. It even has 12 pole pieces. It's the acoustic pickup used by Lenny Kravitz, David Lindley, Keb Mo, Ben Harper, Laurence Juber and many others.

Oh yah... I use it too.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
      Though it's pricier, the SA-6 Mag Mic is going to get the best possible acoustic tone out of that guitar. It even has 12 pole pieces. It's the acoustic pickup used by Lenny Kravitz, David Lindley, Keb Mo, Ben Harper, Laurence Juber and many others.

Oh yah... I use it too.
      mmm, i see...so iŽll check it out.

thanks a lot for the help evan, have a nice day

btw i got very surprised with the quality of this acoustic when i first tried it... and, when i saw its price...i had to buy it dude ...
      Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
      Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
      Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Comment

That is definitely something to take in consideration, thanks for the input Evan (thanks for the question Victor) I see a new acoustic in a near future for me (I saved a good amount to get a quality instrument) and was wondering the same thing...

Comment

Working...
        X