Duncan equivalent to Gibson 500t and 498t bridge pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan equivalent to Gibson 500t and 498t bridge pickups

I like the sound of the 500t but maybe its a little sterile and also like the 498t but maybe its a little too muffled? Does Duncan make better versions of these? I will be using them in a 1994 gibson classic les paul and or a 2004 gibson studio.
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Duncan equivalent to Gibson 500t and 498t bridge pickups

Those pickups sound fuzzy to me under gain, I don't think there's anything by Seymour Duncan which really compares to them. The only pickups I've heard which remind me of them are these stock Ibanez pickups featured in some signature baritone guitar of theirs, the MMM1 or some such. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer you.

Comment

I don't think there are any duncans that are like those either. I use to a 500t in my classic then switched it for PGb which was better and the essential tone of PG was good but it was just a little weak and buzzy on the high end so I swapped it for a BB#3 that I got from ebay for $50 and its frickin awesome, everytime I play I just get so inspired because it sounds so good, can't even imagin what it would be like with a really good amp. I also have the 498t in my other guitar and it sounds mediocre kinda sterile and boring, I'm selling that guitar if that says anything. I'm not downin duncan cause I have a PGn but I'd recomend the BB#3 for the bridge.

Comment

I think that with the 498T, 500T etc. Gibson is trying to match the progressive pickups developed by other makers such as SD.

I *suspect* the 498T is modelled on the SD JB, and I also *suspect* the 500T isn't far away from the Duncan Distortion.

But I bet I'd prefer the Duncans.

Comment

I dont hear that annoying high spike of the jb in the 498t. The jbs lows and cleans are great though. Would the custom be similar to the 500t?
          My bands links:

PEDL
          www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
          www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
          www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
          X