Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have found it...

My ideal tone. I want this:

I especially love the attack. Can someone recommend an SD pickup that might be able to get me that sound? Sorry if I'm being very general but uhh...yeah...I don't really know how else to explain it.
    I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
    -Britney Spears

Re: I have found it...

petrucci uses dimarzio pickups with his ibanez sig. guitar during that time. air norton on the neck and "steve's special " on the bridge. and uses mesa boogie amps.
    2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

I knew that, but I don't really like DiMarzios much. What would be a comparable pickup in the SD catalogue?
      I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
      -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by ankalar
        I knew that, but I don't really like DiMarzios much. What would be a comparable pickup in the SD catalogue?
        I would think the Custom or Distortion would be closest to the Steve's Special...and a Duncan Distortion neck with an A5 magnet would work well in the place of the Air Norton.

Comment

Doesn't Marty Friedman sound like that as well? It's mostly in the fingers dude, I know we guitarplayers often hear that, but really this tone is really based on the guy's playing. The pick up which might take you there would be the JB and Custom IMO, they sing, they're dynamic, they're responsive and they stay articulate.
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
          X