Zombified.

I've had all the models listed here. This is my order
    For the Gibson pickups:

1-DF
    2-500t
    3-guitar fetish
    4-hello kitty guitar
    5-498t

All kidding aside it varies on the guitar. SG standard sounded great with 498.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: JB vs 498T

in fact, i would like to know if a 16k in bridge is important or not in the bridge of les paul

i have played with & 498t (or 490) with a sg = not much trebles but a very warm tone (=bass, MIDS)

i played with another guitar: a lot of outpout and more trebles so, less bluesy tone

so, jb seems not a blues pickup

i wanted a pickup for blues but for modern music and sustain too
      harmonics
      Last edited by always SD; 04-20-2014, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
        in fact, i would like to know if a 16k in bridge is important or not in the bridge of les paul

i have played with & 498t (or 490) with a sg = not much trebles but a very warm tone (=bass, MIDS)

i played with another guitar: a lot of outpout and more trebles so, less bluesy tone

so, jb seems not a blues pickup

i wanted a pickup for blues but for modern music and sustain too
        harmonics
        Neither one is a blues PU, although the 498T is closer to it. JB's are great for '80's hair metal.

Many of the best-sounding LP's have PAF's, which are around 8.5K in the bridge (about half of a JB). You don't 'need' high out bridge PU's, especially if you're playing blues.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

but i'm used to wait for feedback, note at the octave (flying i an blue dream, Satriani' song)
          i like sustain for my lp with floyd
          so i thought about a JB
          or dirty fingers
          and i can't play loud at home

yes, LP have not bit output PU except Peter Frampton model (with 500t)

i don't play blues all time
          i'm like gary moore: mix between shred, blues, heavy metal, sustain, feedback, floyd rose (in the 80's)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
            I'm not sure what your problem is, but I fail to see what you have added to this discussion.
            The problem is guys that bring up old threads, especially new guys here, feel intimidated by other members who feel compelled to moan and groan about old threads being revived. We tell them to use the search engine, and when they want to extend the conversation on it, they don't like to be hassled. Give them a break.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

If you want to know how they compare in a strat here is a great demo.

Final episode of big pickups comparison. Gibson 498T, Classic 57+, Schecter Super Rock, EMG Select, DiMarzio AT-1, Seymour Duncan TB-4, TB-5 - back to back!:...

Comment

Working...
              X