SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8

Whis one is best for meta of this four SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8.

I play things like :In flames, Dark transquillity, At the gates, Soilwork and att the gates.
    SH-5
    30.77%
    SH-6
    53.85%
    SH-8
    3.85%
    SH-13
    3.85%
    some one diffrent
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Re: SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8

I'm not going to vote because I only have the Distortion, but I will say with faith that the Distortion can completely pull off some awesome balls-to-the-wall riffage, that will grind your mind to peices

If you haven't checked out the reviews in our vault, here they are:
    Reviews of Duncan Humbuckers for Metal & Heavy Distortion
    Reviews of the Custom Series Pickups
    They will be very helpful.

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

It's a tossup between the distortion and the custom. Both are great pickups for metal.
      Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
      Roland Cube 60
      Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
      BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
      LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
      Mogami Cables
      Mooer Candy Toppers
      Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
      Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

How about a Custom-Distortion hybrid?
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

I whas thinking about a Duncan distortion/invader. DD for high and mid. And invader for bass.
          the distortion/custom is more like the drop and gain from lace pickups. one for highs acustic. and the second a over-wound paf pickup.

Comment

I wonder if the Invader is the same as distortion with more magnets and bigger polie pieces. (or to say it otherwise: if an Invader with regular pole pieces and one magnet bar would be similar to the distortion)
            Pickups... the final frontier.
            These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
            Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Dont know.

The DD and the DC sounds like a good combo.
              Need to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanguis
                Whis one is best for metal of this four SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8.

I play things like :In flames, Dark transquillity, At the gates, Soilwork and att the gates.
                ...I own all these pups. ...For the style/tone you're after I'd say the SH-6 Distortion is the right choice. ..Though, the tone/sound has mostly to do with what guitar you'll be using the pickup in. ..What type of guitar is it(model, wood, bridge)??? ..I could change my mind.
                A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

it is a LP with a ebony fingerbaord,

Comment

Whis one is best for meta of this four SH-13 vs SH-6 vs SH-5 vs SH-8.
                    IMO, from what I've heard due to sound clips, your best bet would be the SH-6 (or TB-6) Duncan Distortion!!!

Comment

..I hear that ebony fringerboards make LP's brighter/snappier than the rosewood models. ..So I'll now suggest the SH-5 Custom over the SH-6 Distortion.
                      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Definitely Custom, Distortion could be too bright (Think Randy Rhoads)

Particularly newer In Flames or ATG is something that IMO the Custom does better than the DD
                        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

A Custom or JB would be the best choice here-both would sound GREAT in your LP. Both would give you good agressive tone with great clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Inge Malmstein
                            How about a Custom-Distortion hybrid?
                            the SH-5 1/2
                            Originally posted by Aceman
                            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                            X