Fender Hot or Vintage Noisless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot or Vintage Noisless?

Im wondering if anyone has tried these Fender noisless pups?
    How would they sound next to JBjr in the bridge?
    Can the output hold up next to JBjr?
    Would you still have that quacky strat sound in the other switch positions?
    What SD pickup could you compare these to in terms of a noisless pup that retains the Strat Quack?

Thanks
    "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Re: Fender Hot or Vintage Noisless?

Hi Eblis,

I bought a set of Fender Vintage Noiseless Tele pickups. While they were noiseless and retained the single coil vibe, they were too bright for me. They are meant to emulate the tone from 1969's Teles; which are indeed brighter that Teles from the 1950's. I have played the VN Strat pickups too. They are nice but IMHO, I don't think they're as good as Seymour's Classic Stack pickups; which again, IMHO, will balance with the JB jr.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

i really like the classic stacks as well, i have a pair in a guitar that has the clapton mid boost and i think they get nice strat tones with no hum. more vintagy than many stacks ive tried

Comment

What would you prefer next to a bridge JBjr as far as output, and that traditional strat tone?
        Vintage Rails or Classic stack?

I know these topics have been beaten into the ground but im really trying to narrow this down since I installed 2 Hot Stacks and they arent the sound im looking for.
        "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Comment

Originally posted by Eblis
          What would you prefer next to a bridge JBjr as far as output, and that traditional strat tone?
          Vintage Rails or Classic stack?
          Well, to my ears, they're about the same in output but the Classic Stack sound a little fatter IMHO. Remember thought, with the Classic Stack, you get the traditional look of a Strat pickup. The Vintage Rails are gonna look like modern Rail pickups FWIW...

Originally posted by Eblis
          I know these topics have been beaten into the ground but im really trying to narrow this down since I installed 2 Hot Stacks and they arent the sound im looking for.
          Maybe.... But if ya gotta know, then ya gotta know..... And I don't mind answering anytime. That's what this forum is for.
          -Butch Snyder
          butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
          X