banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiMarzio PAF 36 Anni vs Duncan 59, PG, Seth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DiMarzio PAF 36 Anni vs Duncan 59, PG, Seth?

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
    The 36th like the Pearly Gates is very bright and clear with a lot of bite. They are both intended to sound like vintage PAFs in actual Vintage Les Pauls, so it stands to reason. I like the PG better because it has more underlying warmth. To me the the 36th while sounding very good, with a three D depth, has a cold steeliness to it that I can't put my finger on.
    And it bugs me. I don't think this is the Airbucker thing because I have one Dimarzio Air Classic bridge which is just magical. Other Air Classics I tried don't touch this particular one. The magical one is under wound in comparison to published specs by accident or intentional by the way.
    It might be magnet pole orientation, does the one you like has more (highest) highs than the ones you tested?

Comment

It's not really in the highs. The one I like has better clarity and articulation in the lower mids while still having the girth there. It also is more 3D with even better picking dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
        It's not really in the highs. The one I like has better clarity and articulation in the lower mids while still having the girth there. It also is more 3D with even better picking dynamics.
        Thats interesting but very possible with dimarzio. When I opened up my 90's AN and saw a newer one opened on web there were many differences, and this still happens but they aren't announced.

Comment

Working...
        X