banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Rails Noisier than Regular Humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Rails Noisier than Regular Humbuckers?

Okay I did get my strat all wired up, got a hot rails bridge, jb jr middle, and cool in the neck. I was having some problems with noise, but I managed to tape the green and bare portions that were exposed, and it helped. But not totally. All the pups are way louder than my other guitars with regular humbuckers. Here's my question. Are rails normally louder than regular humbuckers? If so then I guess I'm fine. If not, not sure what I should do. I looked at some older wiring schematics and I did see that something there is one main ground coming from the volume pot with all three green and bare soldered to it. With very very little of the bare actually showing. Maybe I need to try this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Are Rails Noisier than Regular Humbuckers?

The rails pickups should be as QUIET as a full sized humbucker. I can't help with the wiring, but I can tell you that if you're hearing quite a bit of noise, something's not right.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Re: Are Rails Noisier than Regular Humbuckers?

Thanks Travis. In doing a little digging around I see my volume pot is supposed to be grounded to my bridge. For some reason (i.e. I probably removed it a long time ago), it isn't. I'm going to make that connection and see if it helps. As well as buy some of that heat shrink tubing for insulation instead of tape.

Comment

Working...
      X