full shred in the neck good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full shred in the neck good?

I'm looking for two new humbuckers for my new shecter diamond series c-1 Elite. I mostly play neo-classical; I also do most of my soloing in the neckl. would the full shred be the right kind of pickup? What about the bridge? any comments will help thx a ton.

Re: full shred in the neck good?

i think the full shred in the neck is a great soloing pup. good clarity, focused warm tone great for fast legato runs.

what are you looking for in a bridge pup?

Comment

This is exactly what you are looking for in the neck for the style you play. Very clear, clean, etc. It's one of my favorite neck pups. Pair it with a screamin demon in the bridge and you'll be good to go.

Comment

I've heard good things about the Full Shred neck. I've used the bridge model and I think it's fantastic for neo-classical work (though others may disagree). I used it in an Ash Strat. Maybe a set of these (neck and bridge) would be cool?

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          i think the full shred in the neck is a great soloing pup. good clarity, focused warm tone great for fast legato runs.

what are you looking for in a bridge pup?
          Do you think it would be a good choice for the neck slot in an SG with a SH-13 in the bridge?
          This space is for rent.

Comment

i dont see why not. ive never heard them in the same guitar before but i think they would mix fine

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
              i dont see why not. ive never heard them in the same guitar before but i think they would mix fine

Well I put in my order for a SH-10 in the Neck slot and it's on the way!
              I'll tell you how it sounds when I get it.
              This space is for rent.

Comment

I finally got my full shred neck!!
                I put it in my Gibson Gothic SG coupled with a SH-13 in the bridge and it's KILLER!!!
                I can hear all my picking dynamics and It has just enough bass.
                This pickup has the right amount of warmth and sustain.
                when I tried it through my Plexi clean, it was ****ing sick!!
                It had shimmering glassy highs and well defined bass.
                It's a great pick up for a lot of shredders who want that warm neck tone.

Rock on.
                This space is for rent.

Comment

I going to put a Distortion neck in my Charvel 750xl for shred. But after reading this, you're making me consider a Full Shred. Damn you all!
                  Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

the full shred kicks ass in the neck

great shred tone, nice and warm and "shreddy"

Comment

Well, I just bought one. So I hope you guys don't steer me wrong. Otherwise, I'll just have to trade it for another Distortion.
                      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Ok , we got it clear that a Full shred is good in the neck position for all you shredders, but what about a guy like me who can't shred Would it be good for someone who maily uses their neck pup for clean chords and an occasional solo? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cazmarzak
                          Ok , we got it clear that a Full shred is good in the neck position for all you shredders, but what about a guy like me who can't shred Would it be good for someone who maily uses their neck pup for clean chords and an occasional solo? Thanks!

From what I've heard, yes. Supposedly you're able to differentiate each string while playing full chords. We'll see, though. I'll let you know when I finally get around to throing it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazmarzak
                            It sounds nice and glassy in the neck with a clean amp.
                            You can really hear all the notes of the chords.
                            If it's too bright for you, then roll down the tone knob.
                            This space is for rent.

Comment

Working...
                            X