EC 400 and Viper 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC 400 and Viper 400

I have a question about the Eclipse 400, how does it compare to the Viper 400? They come with same pups (EMG 81 active set) and I want to know if one has a better tone over the other? Also I would like to know about the Eclipse 400AT compared to the regular Eclispe 400? I hear it is closer to a LP than the regular EC400. (it comes with a JB/59 set)

Thank you for the feedback in advance.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
    Squier P-Bass
    Hamer Standard (import)

Re: EC 400 and Viper 400

ops sorry didn't realize I was in the wrong forum, I will post in the other.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
    Squier P-Bass
    Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

I don't know much about these particular guitars, just that one's similar to an SG and the other to a LP.

That being said:

Usually a Lp will be thicker sounding and have more low end punch than an SG, probably due to the single cutaway construction, thicker body, and the fact that the bridge pickup is farther away from the bridge than on the SG. The SG will be brighter, and cleaner in the low end for the same reasons and will also have a more aggressive voicing in the higher midrange frequencies. Also, a LP will sometimes have more sparkle in the high frequencies than an SG if it is a maple topped model versus the all mahogany SG.

This might not apply to the ESP guitars, but it usually holds true for Gibsons and their clones.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

They have EMG's. They both sound pretty much the same. I would go for the eclipse personally, in off white.
        `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Working...
        X