Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250k vs 500k for Hotrails

Hey guys,

My friend has a Highway 1 Strat which he runs through a Mesa Boogie f-30, which is pretty ice picky even with the highs down to zero. (Played with the Bright Switch a bit too).

What my question is, if he replaces his neck and bridge pickups with Hotrails, the sound will be darker with the stock 250k pots. However, is there any disadvantage to having 250k pots and using (single coil) humbuckers?

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: 250k vs 500k for Hotrails

Not quite sure I understand. You mean rails/noise cancelling single spaced pups? You said single coil, that's why I'm confused! With 250K pots it will cut off a lot of the high end. I think most folks recommend 500K pots with those. But if its high end you want to cut out that may just do the trick. Or 300k pots like they use in Les Pauls.

Comment

Re: 250k vs 500k for Hotrails

When I first added the HR to my Strat (recently replaced with a Classic Stack), I stilll had the 250k pot and didn't notice it being "overly" dark. But if it were me, I'd probably go with Jeff5's suggestion of the 300k pot to "split the difference."

Brett
      Last edited by Brett Valentine; 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM.
      Hamer XT Sunburst Archtop Flame- Phat Cats; Hamer Sunburst Archtop Quilted- Jazz(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Brian Moore i21 - Alnico 2 Pro(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Tex Mex Strat - Classic Stack(n)/Lil' 59(b); Carvin DC135T - used oval HotRails(n)/CustomCustom(b); '68 Gibson ES-335 - Jazz(b); RI Fender Bass VI (bari-electric Hot Rails bridge?); Standard Tele-Ash(SE)pickups?

Comment

Working...
      X